Businesses not using an e-commerce service can integrate the April API directly into their existing services.
For businesses upgrading from Limepay API, please refer to our Migration guide.
- Choosing how to pay
For most custom integrations, if your customers are using cards to make payments, the best way to capture these card details in a PCI-compliant manner is to use the April checkout. For details on this, see Checkout integration.
We also provide an API solution that includes a few alternatives for how to set up a payment. See Payment capture API
Wire up the necessary API to ensure customer payments can be received and processed.
Configure the integration to handle inevitable complications from human error or card security checks, including 3D-Secure security challenges.
Test the functionality of the integration.
Once the standard integration has been completed, merchants may wish to consider these features:
- 3D-Secure - enable an extra level of security on transactions.
- Know Your Customer (KYC) - merchants can pre-register customers for KYC checks before they use the checkout.
- Payment authorisation (pre-auth) - Reserve funds on a customer's card before processing the order.
- Capturing payment sources - Capture payment sources to process payments directly.
- Payment surcharging - Pass on merchant platform fees to the customer.